Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and the phone back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.
Important Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone before you perform a factory data reset.
To reset the phone
- From the Home screen, press the Menu Button and select Settings.
- Select SD & phone storage.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset phone.
- Select Erase everything.
- The device will dump all of the data and reload.
- Power the device OFF.
- Press the Home Key and the Power Button until the device vibrates and the Rogers Logo Flashes.
- You should now have a screen with a Warning Triangle on it.
- Press the Home and Power Buttons again.
- Once you get the System Recovery Screen, press the Home and Back Buttons to proceed with the recovery process.
- The device will reboot once the process is complete.